Connect Your Business with Student Talent
Like many businesses in BC, finding good talent may be one of your top-of-mind challenges. You have too much work and not enough staffing capacity to move your business forward.
Hiring skilled student talent can provide your business with short-term labour support that addresses your business needs. By bringing a student into your workplace, you can save costs, innovate, and increase your productivity while helping to build a skilled BC workforce.
“By bringing a student into the workforce for short-term labour support, businesses can save costs, increase overall worker capacity, and drive productivity. This in turn helps to build a stronger BC now, and in the future.”Dan Baxter, Interim CEO, BC Chamber of Commerce
Book a Free One-to-One Advising Appointment
We aim to make it easy for you to find student talent through our free advising service. Through our advising service, we help you navigate the numerous student talent programs available at BC public post-secondary schools to select the best student talent program(s) to recruit from for your business.
We help you understand common recruitment processes, timelines, and considerations for hiring students from public post-secondary institutions in BC as well as funding you may be eligible for.
Learn More About Working with Student Talent
Watch our “Connect With Student Talent” Webinar
Find out what types of student talent programs are available in BC by watching our on-demand webinar on connecting with student talent. You can watch our webinar here.
Find Out About Local Talent in Your Community
We are also hosting webinars to highlight local student talent programs available in communities across BC. You are welcome to attend any of the following free webinars:
- Burnaby Board of Trade in partnerships with BCIT, Douglas College and SFU: April 29
- Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce in partnership with College of the Rockies and Columba Basin Trust: April 15
- Kelowna Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Okanagan College and University of British Columbia Okanagan: March 30
- Prince George Chamber of Commerce in partnership with University of Northern British Columbia and College of New Caledonia, April 22
- *NEW* Nelson in partnership with Selkirk College, May 20 (more info to come)
Understand Your Funding Options
You may be eligible for funding to hire a student. There are several types of provincial and federal funding available for your business. To find out more about funding available, please visit our Funding Resources here.
Resources on Hiring Student Talent
Learn about hiring student talent in BC with these helpful resources.
Download our Student Talent Resources
- FAQ on bringing student talent onboard your organization.
- Find out about the various types of student talent available in BC
- Search for available student talent programs in BC here.
- Use ACE-WIL to Post an Opportunity: Share your job posting across multiple post-secondary schools in BC
- Review additional resources produced by ACE-WIL on best practices on hiring student talent
For any questions about the Talent Forward program or for information on how to hire a student, contact us at [email protected].
The Talent Forward program is a partnership between the BC Chamber of Commerce and the Association of Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning BC/Yukon (ACE-WIL BC).