Recover and Grow with Skilled Student Talent
Like many businesses in BC, finding good talent may be one of your top-of-mind challenges. You have too much work and not enough staffing capacity to move your business forward.
Hiring skilled student talent can provide your business with short-term labour support that addresses your business needs. By bringing a student into your workplace, you can save costs, innovate, and increase your productivity.
“By bringing a student into the workforce for short-term labour support, businesses can save costs, increase overall worker capacity, and drive productivity. This in turn helps to build a stronger BC now, and in the future.”Dan Baxter, Interim CEO, BC Chamber of Commerce
Access the Talent Forward Program
The Talent Forward program connects businesses with student talent to help businesses recover and build for the future. This free program is a benefit to BC Chamber members and is funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Training, and Skills in partnership with ACE-WIL.
Watch our webinar “Connect with Student Talent”
For a rundown of how your business can benefit from using student talent as well as the types of student talent available to you in BC, watch our webinar here.
Find Talent for Your Business
Connect with the best and brightest student talent to support your business needs. The Talent Forward program aims to make it easy for you to find student talent:
Free One-to–One Advisor Support
Talk to one of our BC Chamber advisors to learn which student talent programs can best fit your business needs. We will connect you to the appropriate post-secondary school(s) and will help you identify funding sources and wage subsidies. Throughout the process, we are available for any questions you have regarding student talent.
Contact us at [email protected] to set up a free advising session.
Resources on Hiring Student Talent
Watch on-demand webinars that explain important information on hiring student talent including:
- How businesses have used student talent to innovate, save costs, and increase capacity
- Options for bringing student talent onboard through a variety of ways such as co-op, apprenticeship, practicums, projects, and more
- *Coming soon* Information on accessing funding incentives and subsidies offered for hiring student talent
Download our Student Talent Resources
For any questions about the Talent Forward program or for information on how to hire a student, contact us at [email protected].
The Talent Forward program is a partnership between the BC Chamber of Commerce and the Association of Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning BC/Yukon (ACE-WIL BC)
- Find out about the various types of student talent available in BC
- Search for available student talent programs in BC here.
- Use ACE-WIL to Post an Opportunity: Share your job posting across multiple post-secondary schools in BC
- Review additional resources produced by ACE-WIL on best practices on hiring student talent
The Talent Forward program is a partnership between the BC Chamber of Commerce and the Association of Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning BC/Yukon (ACE-WIL BC).