Like many organizations in BC, finding good talent may be a top-of-mind challenge. By bringing a work-integrated learning (WIL) student onboard, your organization can benefit by:
- Getting help with a specific project or issue your organization is facing
- Adding staffing to support your day-to-day operations
- Exposing your team to new ideas and creative thinking
- Building your pipeline of potential future hires
- Contributing to a stronger workforce and economy through providing training and experience to future skilled workers
You can bring students onboard from any one of BC’s 25 public post-secondary schools. To find out more about work-integrated learning in BC, connect with the Association for Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning (ACE-WIL).
Access Student Talent Across BC
Find out about work-integrated learning (WIL) programs available within your area. The BC Chamber organized a series of virtual events to highlight the various WIL opportunities available at some of BC’s local post-secondary schools.
- Kootenay: College of the Rockies and Columba Basin Trust, hosted by Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce: Connecting College Talent to Your Business
- Kootenay: Selkirk College, hosted by the Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce: Boost Your Business with New Talent
- Lower Mainland: BCIT, Douglas College and SFU, hosted by the Burnaby Board of Trade: Accessing Talent for Your Business
- Northern BC: University of Northern British Columbia and College of New Caledonia (CNC), hosted by the Prince George Chamber of Commerce: Today’s Challenges, Tomorrow’s Workforce
- Okanagan: Okanagan College and University of British Columbia Okanagan, hosted by the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce: Connect with Student Talent
- Okanagan: Thompson Rivers University, hosted by the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce: Hiring Student Talent
- Okanagan: Nicola Valley Institute of Technology, hosted by the Merritt Chamber of Commerce: Access Student Talent
- Sea-to-Sky: Capilano University, BCIT, and Talent MATCH, hosted by the Whistler Chamber of Commerce: Support Your Business with Student Talent
Get Started with Student Talent: Resources & Links
- Funding Options: Your organization may be eligible for funding to hire a student.
- What Can Student Do? Get some ideas on ways that students can add value your business and what types of roles they can do by downloading this resource.
- Post Your Opportunity: Send your student job posting to multiple public post-secondary schools in BC at once.
- Working with Students Handouts: Download our handouts below to support how you recruit and work with students.